Making sure your automobile is ready for the cold winter weather can keep you warm and safe. At Frank’s Automotive, we will check and diagnose your auto to make sure you are ready for winter conditions. Here are a few of the important components we check:
- Battery – Make sure your battery is fully charged and in good condition. This is required to start an engine in cold weather.
- Battery Cables and Terminals – Make sure the battery terminals and cable ends are free from corrosion and the connections are tight.
- Brakes – If there is any indication of a brake problem, our certified technicians will ensure all components are in good working order.
- Replace Drive Belts – replace these belts at 60,000-mile intervals.
- Tire Pressure – Check tire inflation pressure on all four tires. As the average temperature drops, so will tire pressures.
- Antifreeze – The antifreeze protection level should be checked for proper levels.
- Transmission, Brake and Power Steering Fluids – We check all fluids to ensure they are at or above the minimum safe levels.